Muktamar IMSA-MISG 2023 Rules of ConductMuktamar (“Convention”) attendees are expected to follow the code of conduct while on site at the convention. Anyone who violates the code of conduct will be asked to leave the convention. Convention attendees can also be asked to leave for unruly behavior. Unruly behavior includes, but is not limited to, disrespect for convention or hotel guests and personnel, vandalism, derogatory comments and/or gestures to anyone in the convention premises, intimidation of others with violence or the threat of violence, use or possession of alcohol, cigarettes, illegal drugs, firearms or fireworks, or tampering with fire alarms or other actions that could affect the safety of others.
Rules and Regulations
- Participants must maintain their conduct as Muslims with good manners.
- Participants must wear appropriate clothing, preferably Islamic clothing at all times during Muktamar.
- Participants must wear their name tag during the program, no name tag can result in no entrance to the parts of the convention. Your name tag is your responsibility. If you lose your name tag, you may contact the Registration Committee, but there’s no guarantee that you can get a replacement as we have only a limited number of name tags.
- Participants must take appropriate precautions so that no injury or damage will result to any person or property of the premises. IMSA/MISG shall not be held liable for personal injury, accident, loss or damage to property due to negligence of the participants.
- Participants must comply with all safety, fire, and health regulations.
- Participants are encouraged to bring first-aid supplies even though they have been prepared by the Muktamar committee.
- If participants must leave the Muktamar early, it is compulsory to report their departure to Muktamar committee members.
- Hotel rooms reserved through Muktamar Committee or ‘Muktamar Room Block’ are only for registered Muktamar participants. Occupants of ‘Muktamar Room Block’ shall be as registered in Muktamar registration. Room occupants cannot change rooms without Committee knowledge and approval.
- No opposite genders that are not family members (non mahram) shall be in the same room.
- Interactions/Free-mixing of the opposite gender (non mahram) shall be kept minimal.
- You will be personally liable and prosecuted in accordance with US laws for any damage to equipment, furniture, or buildings that is caused by your conduct. Please report any damage immediately so that you will not be charged unnecessarily.
- Participants are responsible for their own valuable documents and belongings. For security reasons, please do not leave valuable documents and belongings in the car. Participants should travel only with necessary documents.
- Suspicious luggage/bag pack/big containers without owner presence must be reported immediately to Muktamar Security.
- No one can access Madrasah and Youth areas without Muktamar name tags or identification unless authorized and accompanied by Muktamar Security.
- Participants are not allowed to perform any political activity including but not limited to displaying and wearing merchandise from any political party or candidate within Muktamar area.
- In case of an emergency, please notify Muktamar Security or Hilton Austin staff immediately. This includes, but is not limited to suspicious persons or occurrences, theft of personal belongings, medical issues, and any other emergency. The Indonesian Muslim Society in America (“IMSA”) and the Malaysian Islamic Study Group (“MISG”) are not liable or responsible for any lost or stolen items. Therefore, we strongly recommend you do not keep valuables unattended.
For Parents and Children/Youths:
- Children are 0 to11 years old and Youths are 12 to 17 years old.
- Parents are responsible for their children and youths’ behavior at all times.
- Parents are required to actively monitor the safety of their children and youths including being responsible to pick them up once the children have finished their activities and programs.
- Children and youths are not allowed to walk alone-unaccompanied by their parents around the Muktamar area after 11 PM.
- Children and youths are not allowed to use Fitness Center Facility or Swimming Pool without adult supervision.
- Children and youths are not allowed to go outside the hotel at any time without parent or adult family member’s supervision
The following guidelines have been put in place during the convention to ensure a safe and enjoyable environment for everyone in attendance.
It’s important to uphold the values of unity by exhibiting brotherhood/sisterhood toward each other. Following the examples from the Quran and the tradition of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), please be courteous to one another and realize we are all here for the sake of learning and growing as a community.
While we realize there are social aspects to the convention, we want to emphasize the benefit of attending the entire convention and learning from the esteemed scholars on site. To really reach your potential and bring back useful knowledge to your individual communities, it is as important to be present in sessions as it is to be in the hallways networking with friends.
Following the sunnah of the Prophet Muhammad (pbuh), Muslims are expected to be clean and neat in appearance, and uphold the values of our faith. Participants shall follow the Islamic guidelines in appearance. We expect attendees to adhere to those guidelines and represent Muslims in the best possible way.
While you are on site, we expect you to exhibit the behavior of a true ambassador of Islam. There should be no running, loud talking, or horseplay in the halls. Food is not allowed outside the designated eating areas. You should only be in rooms assigned for your program. Do not loiter in lounges or staff offices without permission. Do not request the use of phones or other material belonging to the Convention administration or hotel without permission.
We would like to remind attendees to behave in an appropriate and mature manner. Please do not sit on window ledges, run up and down escalators, or slide down railings. If you have children at the convention, please keep an eye on them and ensure they adhere to the guidelines.
Release of LiabilityIn exchange for participation in the activities of the Muktamar Convention organized by IMSA and MISG, and/or use of the property and facilities, I agree for myself and (if applicable) members of my group for which I am receiving name tags, to the following:
By wearing the assigned name tag and participating in any events planned and/or controlled by IMSA and MISG, I agree to the following: IMSA and MISG events are provided with no special warranty either express or implied. IMSA and MISG and its organizers and members, assume no liability for any loss, theft, damage, or injury to property or persons, whether arising in contract, negligence, equity, or otherwise.
1. AGREEMENT TO FOLLOW DIRECTIONS. I agree to observe and obey all posted rules and warnings, and further agree to follow any oral instructions or directions given by Muktamar Committee, or representatives or staff of IMSA and MISG.
You assume all risks when participating in Muktamar events. All participants must use care and good judgment and must obey all rules and regulations of IMSA and MISG. You will comply with all requests made by the Muktamar committee and staff of IMSA and MISG. Muktamar Committee reserves the right to eject any participant who they feel, in their sole discretion, does not comply with the terms of this section. Ejected participants will not be entitled to a refund or any further recourse.
2. ASSUMPTION OF THE RISKS AND RELEASE. I recognize that there are certain inherent risks associated with the above described activities and I assume full responsibility for personal injury to myself and (if applicable) my group members, and further release and discharge IMSA and MISG for injury, loss or damage arising out of my or my group's use of or presence upon the facilities of Muktamar IMSA-MISG, whether caused by the fault of myself, my group, IMSA and MISG or other third parties.
3. INDEMNIFICATION. I agree to indemnify and defend IMSA and MISG against all claims, causes of action, damages, judgments, costs or expenses, including attorney fees and other litigation costs, which may in any way arise from my or my groups’ use of or presence upon the facilities of Muktamar IMSA-MISG.
4. FEES. I agree to pay for all damages to the facilities of IMSA and MISG caused by any negligent, reckless, or willful actions by me or my group.
5. APPLICABLE LAW. Any legal or equitable claim that may arise from participation in the above shall be resolved under applicable law.
6. NO DURESS. I agree and acknowledge that I am under no pressure or duress to sign this Agreement and that I have been given a reasonable opportunity to review it before signing. I further agree and acknowledge that I am free to have my own legal counsel review this Agreement if I so desire. I further agree if I choose to not sign this Agreement, IMSA and MISG will offer a refund of any fees I have paid to use its facilities and I will not be allowed onto the Muktamar premises.
7. ARM'S LENGTH AGREEMENT. This Agreement and each of its terms are the product of an arm's length negotiation between the Parties. In the event any ambiguity is found to exist in the interpretation of this Agreement, or any of its provisions, the Parties, and each of them, explicitly reject the application of any legal or equitable rule of interpretation which would lead to a construction either "for" or "against" a particular party based upon their status as the drafter of a specific term, language, or provision giving rise to such ambiguity.
8. ENFORCEABILITY. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of this Agreement, whether standing alone or as applied to a particular occurrence or circumstance, shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision of this Agreement or of any other applications of such provision, as the case may be, and such invalid or unenforceable provision shall be deemed not to be a part of this Agreement.
9. DISPUTE RESOLUTION. The parties will attempt to resolve any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement through friendly negotiations amongst the parties. If the matter is not resolved by negotiation, the parties will resolve the dispute using the below Alternative Dispute Resolution (ADR) procedure.
Any controversies or disputes arising out of or relating to this Agreement will be resolved by binding arbitration under the rules of the American Arbitration Association. The arbitrator's award will be final, and any judgment may be entered upon it by any court having proper jurisdiction.
I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND UNDERSTAND IT. I FURTHER UNDERSTAND THAT BY REGISTERING TO MUKTAMAR, I ACCEPT THIS RELEASE AND I VOLUNTARILY SURRENDER CERTAIN LEGAL RIGHTS.